[X4U] FireWire enclosure for SATA drive (Was: Migrate without Firewire link.)

Daly Jessup jessup at san.rr.com
Thu Feb 1 19:30:13 PST 2007

At 8:34 AM -0800 1/2/07, Eddie Hargreaves wrote:
>On 1/20/07 5:44 AM, Tim Collier <timjcollier at mac.com> wrote:
>
>>  One thing that nobody has mentioned is the hard drive in the G5 is
>>  going to be an SATA drive.  I hope the firewire enclosure supports
>>  SATA and isn't ATA.
>
>I replaced the SATA drive in my household's iMac G5, so I now have a bare
>80GB SATA drive that I'd like to put in a FireWire enclosure. Anyone have
>any recommendations?

I've been very happy (as I've said before and it hasn't changed) with
my TrayDock from WiebeTech. I can use both ATA and SATA drives in the
same Dock (just have to buy different trays for different kinds of
drive). When you buy the TrayDock it comes with one tray, and you can
choose whether it is ATA or SATA. Later, if you want to have access
to another kind of drive, you can buy a tray for that kind and put it
in the same Dock.

Daly