[X4U] connecting to airport network from xp om imac

Tim Collier timjcollier at mac.com
Thu Jan 4 04:44:17 PST 2007

On Jan 4, 2007, at 4:38 AM, alexandre wrote:

> hi
>
> i want to connect to my airport (express) network from windows xp
> on my 24" imac, but so far have been unsuccessful.
>
> my network is password protected (wpa2 personal) with a 15 letter
> password (just letters, no punctuations or numbers) & both airport
> express base stations are up to date. xp has service pack 2…
>
> windows can "see" the network but not connect to it. any ideas?
>
> thanks
>
> alexandre

Hi Alexandre:
I have an airport extreme base station with 2 airport expresses based
around the house (to boost the signal and connect to sound equipment
and printers).  I have 4 Macs on the wireless network and 1 PC.  To
get the non-Apple equivalent passcode launch the Airport Admin
Utility (Applications/Utilities), you'll see your base station listed
there.  Double click on it and another window will open, you'll see a
new menu at the top 'Base Station'.  Click on it and you'll see
Equivalent Network Password.  Click this and a little box will open
with the numerical password that you will have to enter on the PC to
enable it to connect to the network.
I use WEP.  I imagine that wpa2 is more or less the same.  This
should work.
Good luck,
Tim

--