[X4U] Sources of PPC Mac drying up

Randy B.Singer randy at macattorney.com
Sun Jan 14 16:15:28 PST 2007

Neil said:

>MS Office wont go universal until late this year.

Just FYI, I'm using Word v.X on my new Intel-based 24-inch iMac and it
has run flawlessly and seamlessly in Rosetta.  It is also running faster
than I've ever had it run on a previous Mac of mine, even my G4 Powerbook.

>Do you know if iWork can
>read MS Word and PPS docs?  Can it edit them?

Yes to both of these.  However if a document or presentation uses
features that aren't present in the original Office application, there
will be problems.

The latest version of iWorks is very impressive.  Though some training
would be a good idea if you switch.  Check out:

VTC online training
For instance, here is the link to their training for Microsoft Word 2004:
http://www.vtc.com/products/office2004mac.htm
Some of their training modules are free.  You can get online training,
with access to their *entire library* 24/7, for only $30/month.

Randy B. Singer

Co-Author of:
The Macintosh Bible (4th, 5th and 6th editions)

OS X Routine Maintenance
http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html