[X4U] ClarisDraw>Inkscape?

keith_w keith_w at dslextreme.com
Fri Jan 19 21:36:51 PST 2007

Zane H. Healy wrote:
> At 6:17 AM -0800 1/19/07, keith_w wrote:
>> I've used all of them for years, and had graduated to Claris Draw.
>> I have kept most of them, and don't know what works, if ANY of them
>> will work, on OSX. Perhaps none.
>> If that's the case, I can still use them in Classic mode.
>
> ClarisDraw only works in classic mode, remember it was last updated
> System 7.5 was current :^(  There is a little bit of quirkiness, but not
> so much as to make it unusable.  IIRC, the only problem I've seen is
> with a couple menus.
>
> I also have an unopened copy of ClarisDraw for Windows 95 that I found
> somewhere.  When the time to move to an Intel Mac comes, I might try to
> get that running under Parallels.
>
>             Zane

I still have a briefly used copy of Generic CADD® release 6.1 for PC.
AT, PS/1, PS/2, with its 8 lb. of manuals!

How's THAT for an old timer?
I have no idea why I still hang onto it!
Memories, I guess.
Those were back in my old CADD days, with AutoCAD for Mac and PC.
I actually made money working at CRT drafting and design!  <bg>

I traded in a perfectly good Generic CADD for the Mac, which had been
discontinued and AutoDesk insisted it would never be supported again.

It was a rather cumbersome, but totally capable CADD program.
Sad it had to die on the vine. AutoDesk had commanded it so...

sighhh. The "good ol' days." NOT.

keith whaley