[X4U] Re: hijacking threads

Stroller macmonster at myrealbox.com
Sun Jan 21 20:33:38 PST 2007

On 21 Jan 2007, at 14:10, keith_w wrote:
> Stroller wrote:
>> On 20 Jan 2007, at 14:06, jelmore at elmoredesign.com wrote:
>>> Looking at a message source, I don't see any header that would
>>> indicate
>>> that a subject belongs to a thread with a different subject. So
>>> how is
>>> that done?
>

>>  From the message you replied to:
>> <515A4AB4-10D2-4E5A-9111-26B194CED62A at earthlink.net>
>> <6E0F93B2-421E-41FC-936A-8BBD7C224063 at mac.com>
>> <13fd79f6e16d5556fd2c34ffb9731619 at comcast.net> <C668A83E-56DC-47F1-
>> BEFF-E2FF57EBDC62 at speakeasy.net>
>> <20070119222529.1611387305 at smtp.mac.com>
>
> When I click on any of the above colored links, all I get is a fresh
> email/message 'Compose' window, with that link address in the "To"
> line.
> The same thing happens to all of the links you include above.

Hi,

Sorry - these are not links. They are lines from the headers of the
email message that jelmore replied to. I think it's simply because
the message IDs have ats ("@") in them that your mail program (and
prolly mine) are underlining them and treating them as email links.
That's ok, really - your mail client wouldn't normally expect to be
seeing message Ids in the body of the message (and of course it hides
the ones in the headers of the message).

If you look at the long headers or raw source of Tim Collier's
message (the one he wrote at 20 January 2007 13:33:19 GMT) then you
would see those lines amongst all the rest. Sorry, I don't know how
to display the full raw headers in the Mozilla mail client
(Thunderbird?), but there'll be an option for it somewhere.

Perhaps if I include some more of the headers they'll make a little
more sense:

(more stuff showing how this message has travelled)