[X4U] RAM Memory

Stroller macmonster at myrealbox.com
Wed Jul 18 14:45:02 PDT 2007

Just upgraded my CoreDuo (_not_ Core2Duo) MacBook to 2gig of RAM.

Woah! What a difference it makes!

No more spinning beachball! Switching between apps & opening large
mail folders is now noticeably quicker.

If you're thinking about more RAM, here's a suggestion to quit
procrastinating & buy more now. I paid about £55 including tax for
the 2 x 1gig sticks from Crucial, far less (I'm sure) than it was a
year ago when I bought the lappy.

Looking at Activity Monitor now I can see iChat, iTerm, 3 Mail
windows & 10 tabs open in Safari with about 700meg of memory free,
but during a 2 or 3 hour session earlier I was running consistently
around the 1gig mark, so that might seem to be the sweet spot for OS
X running on this processor.

Stroller.