[X4U] Fast user switching

Robert MacLeay robertmacleay at mac.com
Thu Jun 7 17:11:35 PDT 2007

On 6/7/07 15:00:40 +0200, alexandre <mac at kapellos.com> wrote:

> we're two users on a 24" imac. switching back
> and forth quite often and entering a (complicated) password is a hassle.
>
> i was thinking of doing the following: keep the current two users,
> remove the passwords, but also removing administrative privileges,
> then create a third user with adminstrative rights for installing
> software, etc. this user would not be logged in, only when needed.
>
> i don't like the idea of a admin user with no password (remote login
> issues, etc). am i over-reacting?

I would offer two suggestions:
 1) A stupid password is better than none.  (PW = "1")

 2) Having a single administrator account on one computer is a bad idea.
     Always have at least one more - which you never use - in reserve.

BTW: I congratulate you on having separate accounts, for both users and ( I
assume) email.  I am driven to distraction by my married friends who share
the same email account; I never know who is writing me, or who will read
what I send!