[X4U] Hogwasher question/problem (s)

Ed Gould edgould1948 at comcast.net
Fri Jun 8 20:16:23 PDT 2007

I don't know what is going on with ASAR (the owner of Hogwasher) but
for some reason they do not (most of the time) respond to questions/
problems. I thought I would ask the list here and see if I can get an
idea as to my questions.

Hogwasher  4.3
Mac OS x 10.4.9
G5 3 GIG

1. I have  group on usenet that I have a subscription for. The group
is being updated at least every other day (sometimes daily). I cannot
get any new postings from this group. The ISP DOES carry it
(EASYNEWS) . The only way I can get new postings is to reset the
subscription *BUT* then I get *ALL the posting from the last say 3
months. I just want what is being posted from the last time I
connected. I do this rather well with other groups just this one
group. Any ideas?

2. I have Hogwasher in my dock. There is a number(in red on the ICON)
which changes rather infrequently. Someone suggested it is the number
of unread articles. I do not buy this as the number is quite low
(usually around 23) and I typically d/l several hundred articles a
day. Any other ideas as to what the number might be?

I am most concerned about #1 and getting that newsgroup to work like
all the others.

Ed