[X4U] What is NAT and what does it mean to me?

Tim Collier timjcollier at mac.com
Thu May 10 15:01:17 PDT 2007

Subject says it all.  I installed BellSouth DSL and connected the
wired modem to my 802.11n Airport Extreme.  It kept giving me one
error that said Double NAT.  I called BellSouth and they told me that
NAT was not enabled on the modem and I didn't turn it on as an option
on the Airport (as I really don't understand what it is) but after I
applied the settings, it came up as an error.  It gave me the option
to ignore it and I checked that, I then updated the Airport again and
now everything is fine.  The light on the front is GREEN....that's
GOOD.  But still, what is NAT and what does it mean to me?

Thanks for your time,

--
Tim Collier
Mac Pro 2.66