[X4U] How do I create .sit files not .sitx

Daly Jessup jessup at san.rr.com
Tue May 22 05:17:30 PDT 2007

At 5:50 PM +1100 5/22/07, Brett Conlon wrote:
>I've tried looking through the StuffIt Standard 11.0.2 install but
>can't see anything.
>
>I tried downloading the StuffIt Deluxe version but it kept emailing
>me links to the Standard version.

As far as I can tell with my own resources, you can make a .sit
archive with StuffIt Standard 9. If you can find an old StuffIt
Standard 9 in your backups somewhere, that will give you the option
you want.  Maybe there's a way with later versions, but I can't find
it, if so.

You can download a 30-day free trial of StuffIt Deluxe at this page:
<http://www.stuffit.com/mac/deluxe/deluxemac-trial.html>

It does work. I tried it. You have to give them your credit card
number to do it, though.

Daly