[X4U] PAL to NTSC?

Mark Des Cotes lists at marksmandesign.ca
Fri Nov 2 16:20:35 PDT 2007

Hi all,

First let me say that I'm not that familiar with all of this...

I'm working on a project for a local school board. They have a video
from a few years ago that they want me to burn a dozen copies to be
included with a booklet I'm producing for them. They tell me that the
only copy of this video is on one of the school servers. It's in the
form of a "VIDEO_TS" folder which I believe is a DVD format. (it is
isn't it?). I was able to watch the video using DVD Player so I know
the file is OK. Anyway, I thought that all I had to do was use the
"DVD-Video from VIDEO_TS" option in Toast 7 Titanium. The DVD seemed
to burn OK but when I try it on my DVD player a message comes up
saying that the disk is not NTSC. I presume that means I burnt a PAL
DVD. I checked the preferences in Toast and it's set to burn NTSC
disks. Is PAL or NTSC already set in the VIDEO_TS folder? Is there
anything I can do to burn it to a NTSC DVD? I need to have these
disks burnt by the end of next week.

Thanks

Mark Des Cotes
Owner-Graphic Designer