[X4U] Re: on Safari cache clearing

Cornett cornett at gol.com
Mon Nov 19 17:45:47 PST 2007

Eddie, Bjorn(I guess, also as he didn't quote anything much other than a
number of used keystrokes)

G'day! and Sorry to be back so late on this'un..

> Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 16:12:14 -0800
> From: Eddie Hargreaves
> Subject: Re: [X4U] on Safari cache clearing
> To: "A place to discuss Mac OS X for the casual user."
> 	<x4u at listserver.themacintoshguy.com>
>
> Have you tried the Private Browsing feature in the Safari menu?

Just noticed that neat feature on v3.04 in Tiger, but don't recall it on
either: v2.04 nor on v1.3.11, with oNly the Reset Safari which I've not
had the opportunity to use, so no help there on this, sos I guess it's
a manual delete thing. Unless, I buck Bjorn's suggestion against using
Onyx to turnoff Safari's cacheing. No Leopard here, just OSX.2/.3/.4.

And on my 'on the side' query, still in v3.04 I'm asked again whether;
I'm sure, I want to empty it's cache(lame question! even without any
windows being open) , but isn't perhaps there some workaround or a
safeneasy 'nix' command to eliminate that unneeded dialogue box/step?

Also, hasn't anyone ever tried Locking their Cookie.plist down(it's
Get Info box has a Lock checkbox), so that, it could be read from but
not written to, as I think, and most did follow suit on, that which
was suggested so waylong ago on EFF by none-otherthan PGP's honcho
Phil Zimmerman(iirc)?

Am still hoping for some OSX Guru insight, sos that I won't need to
post these somewhat unique queries elsewhere. TIA

Respectful of GURUs
Bill Cornett
"Rust Never Sleeps"-N. Young

/