[X4U] Is there a Mac Pro list? (question about Windows under Boot Camp)

Stroller macmonster at myrealbox.com
Sat Nov 24 14:45:06 PST 2007

On 24 Nov 2007, at 17:33, Jim Robertson wrote:

> Macintouch's detailed review of the Mac Pro talks about one problem
> for
> those of us who must run Windows - the fact that Windows (including
> Vista)
> still uses an ancient process for connecting the OS to the hard drive
> (BIOS).

And from the link you provided:

   Some research quickly turned up Boot Camp's Achilles heel:
   hard drive access. Windows XP does not support the modern
   EFI firmware used in Apple's Mac Pro, only Windows' twenty
   year old BIOS system.

The above statements of "ancient" and "20-year-old" are trollerific.

Windows bashing really tires me - Macs ARE better than Windows - get
over it! You don't need to boast about it all the time!! Is there
something you need to compensate for, that you need to Windoze-bash
all the time? It really doesn't need doing.

Just to set the record straight, it would be far more accurate to say:

   All other Intel-based computers - whether they run Windows,
   Linux, BSD, or most any other operating system - use a
   standard called "BIOS" for making the OS aware of the hard
   drive. This standard has been established for a couple of
   decades, so it's not surprising that it may cause problems
   with the dominant operating system when Apple - producing
   less than 0.0001% of Intel-based computers - comes along and
   does things differently.

I'm sorry I'm unable to help with your issue.

Stroller.