[X4U] RAM counsel

Linda XPressoBean at mac.com
Sun Nov 25 17:54:49 PST 2007

On 11/25/07 3:53 PM, Robert Ameeti wrote:

> The two don't go bad at
> the same time.

In the case of the OS upgrade that broke third-party RAM, they do.

In the case of the six sticks I had from a third-party RAM company (before
that aforementioned snafu even occurred), *all* of them caused kernel panics
in either my Quicksilver or both of two indigo iMacs. Of those six, I bought
two, they replaced those two (didn't want me to incur the cost of shipping
the original two back) and sent two extra for "customer satisfaction" -- yet
all six misbehaved.

Had I not had original RAM, and had folks who were affected by that other OS
upgrade not held onto original RAM, our computers wouldn't have been able to
boot.

I'm just sayin', for the small amount of money the tiny original RAM sticks
would bring in, it's (in my 12-year Mac experience) just not worth it to be
without it. Just in case.

~Linda