[X4U] Re: Give me the Finder!

Simon Forster simon-lists at ldml.com
Mon Nov 26 01:13:30 PST 2007

On 25 Nov 2007, at 15:23, Kenneth Philbrick wrote:

> As I type this message in Mail I want to interrupt and empty trash.
> Simple you say - click on an open Finder area and make it active
> long enough to drop trash using shift, command, backspace - EXCEPT
> that no longer works. Mail remains active and trash is beyond
> control unless I control click the dock symbol.
>
> Sure I could quit Mail and make Finder active, but why is that
> necessary? Spaces could be the culprit but that is turned off.

As you mention Spaces, one has to assume Leopard (Mac OS 10.5). FWIW,
I've had a number of cases where focus becomes a problem. I had
assumed it was due to my use of Spaces but as you're experiencing
similar problems with Spaces turned off, it looks like it's some other
area of the OS playing silly games. Anyway, a restart seems to resolve
the issue. Not ideal but there you go.

ATB

Simon Forster