Re(4): [X4U] Airport Extreme Software Request

Rod Duncan roduncan at telus.net
Sat Oct 20 21:52:45 PDT 2007

>  >I'll use the Graphite
>>to relay the signal. Wouldn't get much for it to sell so might as
>>well put the old dear to effective use.
>>
>>Lead on Kemo Sabe.
>
>Hi iRod,
>You won't be disappointed!
>
>Are you hooking to an ethernet network as I was?
>
>If so you have to give each base station (main and remote) the same
>ethernet address.
>
>Took me about 18 hours to figure that out on my own. ;-)
>
>So long for now, TOM
>
>PS: I went through 3 of those graphite babies. Power supplies used to be
>a problem.

Hi Tom,

Yes, I am on an ethernet network. Thanks for the time-saving heads up.

I've my original 1999 model replaced on an out-of-warranty repair by
Apple. There was some capacitor problem with the original production
run so they replaced for free. Think it was in 2001. Haven't had a
bit of trouble with the base station or power supply. Running
literally 24/7. =D>

Thanks, Rod