[X4U] Transfer Applecare to new owner

Stroller macmonster at myrealbox.com
Sat Oct 27 03:24:14 PDT 2007

On 26 Oct 2007, at 19:49, LA Licata wrote:
> See this apple page: http://tinyurl.com/2yf3yu
>
> In discussions with Apple Inc, it appears that Applecare is not
> honored world wide. The devil is in the details.

Hi there,

Could you possibly clarify this, please?

I understood that if I buy my laptop in the UK and it dies when I'm
on a sojourn in the USA then I could get it repaired in the USA under
my Applecare warranty.

My understanding was the Applecare *is* honored worldwide, but is
limited to the countries in which Apple has a presence. IMO this is
entirely fair and - looking at the list of countries you post - would
seem to cover a goodly proportion of the world's population.

Stroller.