[X4U] Speaking of Dot Mac

Rod Duncan roduncan at telus.net
Sun Oct 28 12:07:55 PDT 2007

>Perhaps cost of doing business is higher in Canada than the US?
>
>I spent a week vacationing in Southern B. C. this past summer.
>Mostly costs were higher compared to equivalent items in the US.
>Usually not 40 percent though. I am not sure if Apple releases
>financials based on individual countries. If they do you could get
>an idea about relative overhead costs to see if the price
>differential is justifiable.

.mac is .mac there is no justifiable position and Apple doesn't even
attempt to - not a new position for Apple. Arrogance. It flows down
from on high.

>Apple has for the most part always gone down the road of exclusivity
>rather than mass sales. To me .Mac is worth the quarter I spend on
>it every day. Others don't see that utility, and I presume they
>don't pay for an account.

Fair enough. I don't believe the value is there. And certainly not
when they surcharge Canadians an additional $50 (including taxes). As
a consumer, can exercise the power of no purchase to dictate any
displeasure.
Rod