[X4U] firmware update creates the fan from hell

Teddi Pomaika'i Stransky teddi at alohabroadband.com
Sun Sep 30 21:30:57 PDT 2007

I run a temperature monitor in the background all the time ... the
machine is NOT hot, it's as cool as would be expected from a sleeping
processor. Temps are lower than when I am actually using the machine,
when the can runs quite silently.  The rollback you suggest seems to
be the only way ... I just need to locate my original install disks
and a Saturday I can devote to it. :(  Thanks for your response.

Teddi

--

   ***E-mail is packed by intellectual weight, not by volume.***
   ***Some settling may have occurred during transmission***