[X4U] Why do some images not go through on Apple Mail?

Dave B DaveB_Lists_1004 at gto.net
Mon Apr 28 08:05:36 PDT 2008

I don't see the problem so much with having new RFC's. I see the
problem as [early] adoption of RFC's rather than adherence to standards.

We have standards for a reason. To level the playing ground, allow for
interaction, and to make sure we are all speaking the same language,
as examples. Those who choose to deviate from accepted standards and
pursue proposed (and potentially flawed) technologies based on RFC's
usually do so to force the issue in their favour. Sometimes this
tactic works, sometimes it doesn't.

Standards evolve slowly for a reason, most basically to protect us
(usually from ourselves!). Technology advances in leaps and bounds,
usually profit driven. I prefer to put my trust in standards. They may
not be perfect,or exciting, but they are predictable. I guess that is
the aircraft maintenance tech in me coming out...

Dave

---
The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck, is probably the
day they start making vacuum cleaners ...