[X4U] Apple QC slipping?

Aron S.Spencer aron at r8ix.com
Thu Dec 18 19:35:50 PST 2008

So use old machines. They still work.

Seriously, there is a tradeoff between backwards compatibility and
innovation. Maintaining backwards compatibility limits your ability to
move forward. Attempts to work around this fundamental principle lead
to convoluted messed up systems; i.e., Windows. Apple, as it happens
has had better backwards compatibility than MS, while making bigger
changes, but dropping OS 9 after 8 years is not unreasonable compared
to MS dropping support for most XP and all earlier systems.