[X4U] G5 iMac-isight battery replacement

Kansas Territory kansast at mac.com
Sun Feb 17 14:11:04 PST 2008

I'm attempting to replace the battery in an iMac G5 (with iSight).

I found some instructions on Apple's website for replacing the
battery in an iMac G5 (no isight I'm guessing)

The instructions seemed simple enough, removed the screws from the
bottom, lift away the back cover, revealing all and easy access to
the battery.

However, when I try this.. and try to lift away the back cover.. the
whole thing comes out.. basically simply removing the 'front cover'

I'm wondering if this is a change from the original iMac and the iMac
with iSight ?

Kansast