[X4U] E-Mail programs (Was: Users' judgments of the glossy screen?)

Randy B. Singer randy at macattorney.com
Tue Feb 26 20:49:44 PST 2008

On Feb 26, 2008, at 6:48 PM, John Dach wrote:

> PS  I really do not care for iMail but I am fed up with the
> problems I have been having with Eudora, my e mali application of
> choice for years, but no more........

Well, one's choice of e-mail program is almost as fun a topic as
one's choice of word processor.

What made you finally give up on Eudora?  Qualcomm's abandonment of
Eudora?

Do you know that there are two successors to Eudora  in development?

Penelope (a project that seeks to meld Thunderbird with Eudora)
http://eudora-penelope.en.softonic.com/mac

Odysseus (a project that seeks to create a more true successor to
Eudora)
http://www.infinitydatasystems.com/products/odysseus/index.html
http://www.infinitydatasystems.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=1

I personally love Apple's Mail, especially as of OS X 10.4 when it
became a lot more like Claris Emailer.
Did you know that there are many add-on's for Mail?  See:
http://www.hawkwings.net/plugins.htm

However, you aren't limited to Mail if you are moving away from
Eudora.  In fact, there are about 30 different e-mail programs for OS
X.  Let me know if you want a list of them.

Randy B. Singer

Macintosh OS X Routine Maintenance
http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html