[X4U] APPLE's Mail Program

Robert Ameeti Robert at Ameeti.net
Tue Jan 1 08:37:16 PST 2008

At 10:17 AM -0600, 1/1/08, Ed Gould wrote:

>I have lots of problems with Apple's Mail; almost as many with
>Thunderbird.  They try
>to be impossibly smart -- "Content-type: text/plain;format=flowed"
>is oxymoronic: "format=flowed" means it contains markup, and if it
>contains markup, it's not plain.

The above statement shows that this individual has read one half of
the specification and has chosen to then whine about things that he
really doesn't understand. Text can be of Type/Plain and also have
format:flowed without any conflict. He is as he says, a luddite that
just doesn't like to accept the new (5 years) adoption of format
flowed because it breaks his older standard email client.

I'd just use your < and > to produce the best wrapping possible and
ignore the rest of their complaints. Do include the http:// as Daly
suggested. It makes a difference.

Also note that some misconfigured email servers can break your work
regardless of your efforts and this will be out of your control.
--

Robert Ameeti

For three days after death, hair and fingernails continue to grow but phone calls taper off.
            -- Johnny Carson