[X4U] lost memory on macbook?

alexandre mac at kapellos.com
Mon Jan 14 08:59:54 PST 2008

i deleted all the "extra" languages in various applications and was
able to free up between 1 and 2 gb of disk space.

you might want to check any themes associated with iDVD (themes: /
library(application support/iDVD/themes).

On 14 janv. 08, at 17:07, Chris Long wrote:

> Yes, that would be my guess as well.  Currently my swap file is 2
> GB... Finder, Parallels, Mail, Safari, iChat, Preview, and iTunes
> running.  Uptime is 5 days.  Usually on restart the file starts at
> 512MB (I think), but as soon as I run Parallels or Photoshop, it
> will quickly climb to 2 GB, matching the RAM in the system.  It
> usually doesn't climb higher unless I use Parallels, Photoshop, and/
> or InDesign, Dreamweaver, etc.  I use the iStat Pro widget to
> monitor.  I would suggest a larger drive, but the previous
> suggestion of WhatSize was a helpful app that helped me free up
> about 2 GB of unknown waste.
>
> Chris

alexandre
17" 2.33ghz ic2d macbook pro / 2.0gb / 160gb / X.4.11
24" 2.33ghz ic2d imac / 2.0gb / 250gb / X.4.11