[X4U] Cleanapp (something I didn't know I needed)

Jim Robertson jamesrob at sonic.net
Wed Jan 16 08:05:27 PST 2008

On 1/16/08 6:19 AM, "Fabian Fang" <ftf at mac.com> wrote:

> Have you considered AppZapper?

Thanks for the suggestion. I see that AppZapper is in the MacHeist bundle,
which is nice.

As far as having considered it, of course the answer is "no" because until I
walked by this booth yesterday I hadn't even thought about the issue. Maybe
that's because I haven't installed Leopard yet and seen my Applications
folder in the dock morphed into an unmanageable "stack" :-)

Can anyone comment on the under-the-hood aspects of how these things work;
e.g., is an algorithm that remembers where and how things were installed in
the first place going to do a better (and safer) job of deleting dependent
files than is one that simply tries to identify things I want to throw away
when I decide to throw them away?

Jim Robertson