[X4U] Font Name-Table

Richard Gilmore rgilmor at uwo.ca
Mon Jan 28 09:15:18 PST 2008

Hi everyone,

I¹ve downloaded a font and when I double click to install it the Font Book
gives me an error saying the ³Font Name Table² is seriously damaged and that
I shouldn¹t install. So I don¹t but when I check the font with Font Doctor X
it tells me there¹s nothing wrong. I have opened the font in Font Lab Studio
trying to see if I can fix it but I don¹t know what the font name table is.
I don¹t have a lot of experience with fonts but at some point I wanted to
make my own. I¹ve searched Google without too much success trying to figure
out what the font name table is. Could anybody help me?

Thanx

Richard