[X4U] Copy installed Leopard

Matt Gregory mattgregory33 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 07:57:07 PST 2008

> This is what I've sent to Mike about the latest CCC:
>
> I tried to copy an external ATA drive containing leopard to an
> internal SATA drive to have Leopard there.
> It didn't worked.  The internal one wouldn't startup.  It took 5 hours
> to copy and I never got a warning or error.

When I read the above it sounds like the external drive may have been
created by cloning a different machine than the one you're trying to restore
it onto.  Is that the case?  I don't know, but I doubt that would work as it
sounds like a great way to steal OS X.  Not saying that's what you're trying
to do, as you clearly mentioned you have the install disc.  I mention it
because it makes sense as a reason why it would copy but not startup.

matt.