[X4U] Opening Word 2007 Vista on an Intel Mac

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Sun Jul 13 14:20:30 PDT 2008

On 7/13/08, Linda <xpressobean at mac.com> wrote:
> On 7/13/08 9:30 AM, Joe Sporleder wrote:
>
>> So, I'm thinking the husband with the MacBook might consider
>> downloading the latest OpenOffice or NeoOffice for Mac for a "free"
>> solution, or consider buying the latest version of iWorks to get Pages.
>
> There's also a beta utility at the Mac Microsoft download page that allows
> Office 2004 users to open .docx on their computers with Office 2004.

Open XML Converter 1.0 is available at
<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953823/>, requires MS Office2004 for Mac
update 11.5.0, and note that "You cannot use beta versions of the Open XML
Converter with Office 2004 11.5.0 or later versions of Office 2004. If you have
a beta version of the converter installed on your computer, download and
install version 1.0 or a later version of the Open XML Converter."