[X4U] Well, well

Daly Jessup jessup at san.rr.com
Thu Jul 24 17:38:04 PDT 2008

Ed Gould:

>I am running the finder, address book, Itunes, Hogwasher, quicktime,
>dictionary (websters), Ivisit, weather app, betterfinder renamer,
>Safari, mail app, iorganize, graphic converter , hogwasher activity
>monitor, timbukto pro, Boinc (2 sub applications), Net monitor,
>Iweather, Preview. Plus some other apps that do not show up on the
>dock. Like I said nothing extraordinary just apps that I use either
>continuously or run in the background that I need once an hour or
>so. There are other apps of course I did not count the ones that I
>use only once a day like Word Perfect and some games that I use
>rather infrequently (once or twice a month at most) . I am still
>paging quite a bit for essentially running very little, IMO. Not to
>run on but in OS2 I had 4GB and ran a LOT more and faster with a way
>slower system (currently I have dual G5 2.7Ghz) with OS/2 I had a
>100Mhz pentium).  I need Timbukto pro because I run into issue with
>the MAC os that I have a friend take over my system so he can
>diagnose the issue so he doesn't have to come over to my place. It
>turns out that its been a lifesaver on many occasions  and saved a
>reboot.

Okay, those are small processes, most of them. If you are having
memory problems then there is an issue with your computer or systeme.
You do not even remotely need more RAM. You need a system repair.

What is the "issue" exactly. It is NOT that you need more RAM or hard
drive space. So what is your system doing that makes you think you do
need more of either. It sounds like you are doing a good job of
backing up and all that. Are you repairing permissions? Running
Cocktail now and then? Running Disk Warrior? There is something hosed
with your system if you are having serious problems.

Let's get down to what are the problems, because lack of RAM is NOT
one of them!

Daly