[X4U] Well, well

Ronald Steinke ronsteinke at mac.com
Fri Jul 25 02:34:29 PDT 2008

On 23 Jul, 2008, at 9:56 PM, Zane H. Healy wrote:

> I'm still pissed about Mail.app, as I think it helped kill Eudora,
> yet I'm typing this in Eudora as Mail.app can't handle my email
> load. It can't even handle the two Admin accounts I use it for.
>>

> 10.5 was a disgrace, I think with 10.5.3 my wife's MacBook might
> finally be stable, I still need to upgrade her to 10.5.4.  My G5 2x2
> is still sitting at 10.4.11, as I can't afford the lost time from an
> unstable system.

I was wondering, while reading the above, just how you have your OS
configured. Are you using exotic third-party software that might be
creating conflicts, maybe trying to run many programs simultaneously,
under-supplied with RAM, crowding your hard drive content limit, etc,
etc?

I run almost a stock install of OS-10.5.3 right now on my PowerPC
chipped 2GHz dual processor G5 and have no problems with any of the
programs mentioned. Maybe I am satisfied with Mail because I don't
want to put any more M$ software on my Macs than is absolutely
necessary. The same can be said about Safari and iSync and MobileMe as
far as I am concerned.

As long as I can avoid the M$ monopoly and hassles, I will continue
doing so.

G5 PowerPC Tower
Dual 2GHz processors
7.5 Gb RAM
250 & 160 Gb SATA drives internal
360 & 160 Gb USB and FW drives external.