[X4U] microphone for podcasting

Kansas Territory kansast at mac.com
Wed Mar 26 12:28:25 PDT 2008

can anyone recommend a microphone for podcasting..

I own several microphones.. I've used over the years to record
guitars etc..
I run them through a "decent" mixing board etc..  and have all that
routed into my audio in on my mac.

I've been recording a weekly podcast, using Garage Band  but I've
been having a heck of a time getting what I think are decent levels
and quality when I try using these microphones.

Sometimes I use my sons iMac,  when I'm recording outside, and we use
the built in microphone on his iMac, which for me works well enough,
given the situation and we are outside etc..

But I'm just looking for some suggestions on a good microphone for
recording the "spoken word"   I've tried like a radio shack shure
microphone ?  that runs through the mixing board.. and I've used some
cheap USB mic,  but both of these seem weak in what they pick up,
and if it you get to close, they become to sensitive.

KansasT