[X4U] microphone for podcasting

John McClernan mcclernan1 at comcast.net
Thu Mar 27 09:18:39 PDT 2008

Kansas,
Get one of these, shop around for price:

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/MobilePreUSB-main.html

I use that with the good ol' Shure SM-57. Two channels for XLR mics
and USB connection to my laptop. It even has phantom power if you
need it. AND, it is bus-powered. No need to find a free outlet for
yet another power brick.

Other than that, you could use a USB headset with mic, the kind you
would use for Skype. Here is the one I have:  http://www.logitech.com/
index.cfm/webcam_communications/internet_headsets_phones/devices/
3621&cl=us,en
it has in-line controls and I like it.

Here are the others that Logitech makes:
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/webcam_communications/
internet_headsets_phones/&cl=us,en

That's my 2¢, FWIW.
Cheers,