[X4U] Mozy backup service referrals seem a nifty idea

Ronald Steinke ronsteinke at mac.com
Sat May 3 20:21:31 PDT 2008

On 3 May, 2008, at 6:14 AM, Linda wrote:

> A service like Mozy is already off-site, which is a big bonus over the
> backups you do at home.

Very true, but what do you do if you cannot log in to the off-site
system to get to your backup files?

This, of course, is considering that you can get your computer started
and get to the internet in spite of all the damage caused by Mother
Nature and her offspring (earthquakes, floods, fires, landslides, etc).

In other words, make a back-up, put it in a safe and accessible
location, have a portable generator for power, and have a wireless
internet access. And, we all know that this equipment is affordable to
every one of us, right?

Please disregard my apparent sarcasm, but go with the most affordable
system that you can get and DO MAKE A BACKUP REGULARLY!!!!!!!