[X4U] New Trojan threatens Macs with installer...

Michael Elliott michaelelliott at mac.com
Thu Nov 20 06:55:01 PST 2008

Either way, I definitely, actually, absolutely ran into this trojan by
doing nothing other than a Google search.  Yes, I understand that
there is no Active X plugin for OSX, but I doubt my parents, wife, or
friends do.

I think it's a wonderful way to spread a trojan, and that you DON'T
have to be an idiot to fall for it.

I wish that I had saved the addresses of those sites that popped up. I
did my exact same Google search, and clicked on every link in the
first 2 pages of results, and couldn' find the sites again, although a
couple of them came back as 404 or 403 errors or something when I
clicked the links....perhaps they're removed already?

Michael