[X4U] Unwanted restart into old backup with Time Machine

Crandon David tabdave at ca.rr.com
Mon Sep 1 09:11:13 PDT 2008

Hello,

This one is sort of weird. I don't have Time Machine turned on. Have
never had it turned on.

For the last few months, occassionally when I restart my computer, it
will restart to a state of about 2 weeks previously. I know this
because there will be stuff on my desktop that I have trashed about 2
weeks ago.

If I restart things will go back to normal. Except the last time were
even after several restarts it stayed the same. So for that one I
backed up using a copy of my HD from another HD using CCC.

But again, I've never used Time Machine and it is not turned on now.
Any ideas with whats going on?

Thanks, Dave

Mac Pro, 2x 2.66 GH dual core intel   Mac OS X (10.5.4)