[X4U] Can Apple's Mail pick up GMail?

Linda xpressobean at mac.com
Tue Sep 30 09:53:03 PDT 2008

On 9/30/08 11:26 AM, Andrew T. Lynch wrote:

> This is a pretty good description of IMAP vs POP

I read a bunch of the IMAP vs POP sites before I asked my question. Now I'm
asking the *benefits* of IMAP. I know what it is, but I can't tell from all
of these pages what the benefits are. For example, if I want to access an
email from one year ago, with IMAP I have to leave it on the server, right?
The server will fill up eventually. I just don't see the benefits of IMAP
over POP, given how they both work, and was hoping someone could explain the
benefits of IMAP.