[X4U] mac mini hooked to a TV

John Drake jdljm at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 4 19:31:08 PDT 2009

It really depends on which universal you have, my Logitech - Harmony 670 let me set up my AppleTV, even though the on-line site states it cannot, so I do not need the Apple remote at all, well unless I forget to renew the batteries in the 670.
I still have all my remotes available for "emergencies" but rarely have need for them:
1-AppleTV
2-S.A. HD DVR
3-Oppo DVD
4-Pioneer A/V Receiver
5-Oppo DVI Switch
6-Samsung DLP HDTV
7-Lutron Dimmers
8-Fan
9-VCR (rarely used but you never know when you might 'need' to watch those 1980s Celtic games)
The Harmony 670 controls all of these flawlessly, and I can do all my programming/viewing set-up on-line with a USB connection. It replaced our Harmony 659 only because we wore out some of the contact switches. All that channel surfing or fast fwd during commercial over the years finally beat it down.