[X4U] Mac Pro video crashes

Doug LaBore dlabore1 at comcast.net
Wed Apr 8 07:50:06 PDT 2009

I suppose everyone already knows this but it took me 4 months of
troubleshooting to figure this out.

If your Mac is acting strange freezing hanging crashing (which I¹ve never
had in the 20 plus years of using my Mac¹s)

Your problem is not your Mac per say but maybe the video card.

I have a 1st generation Mac Pro Quad core with an ATI Radeon 1900 video card
and it turns out this is a well know problem for Mac Pro¹s

Apple now has a replacement card the Nvidia 8800 GT for early Mac pros.

So if you have one of these video cards in your Mac Pro be aware...

Doug LaBore
Bloomington Minnesota
Home:  douglabore at comcast.net