[X4U] Evil Google

Daly Jessup jessup at san.rr.com
Thu Feb 19 17:23:47 PST 2009

>Anyone know what this background automatic updater is called so we
>can delete it along with Google Earth?
>
>><http://blog.wired.com/business/2009/02/why-googles-sof.html>

I just activated Activity Monitor, and it was really obvious which
ones (2 of them) were implicated with Google. I stopped them then
went and deleted them.

Then I looked up their names using NotLight, and found one was at:
~/LibraryApplication Support/GoogleSoftwareUpdates/manifest.html

I deleted it.

But the other, called "GoodleSoftwareUpdateAgent," I can't find where
it really lives. I want to delete it. Does anyone know where it IS,
on the hard drive?

Daly