[X4U] When did the switch to glossy screens occur?

Crandon David tabdave at ca.rr.com
Fri Feb 27 11:48:35 PST 2009

OK, I think I figured it out that it occurred with the introduction
of the early 2008 models.

But how can I easily figure out if a model is older than that? I
mean, if I'm just talking to someone on the phone, and they don't
have a clue as to what I mean by glossy vs. matte (believe me, it's
happened), can the person look at the model number on the computer?
Or can I tell by processor speed or anything else?

David