[X4U] Energy Settings are being changed by ?

Ed Gould edgould1948 at comcast.net
Sat Jan 17 17:10:56 PST 2009

Question:

I have set my energy settings to darken the screen after 8 minutes
and to *NEVER* put the system to sleep. I then Lock the settings and
reboot.
After the reboot the settings are the same but are unlocked.
If I do not check this (I forget) The system will go to sleep on me
(and the screen darkens) in the middle of typing, mouse activity or
anything else.
If I strike a key the system does come back but it really interrupts
my train of thought and I cannot continue.
If I immediately upon boot up (signing in) go in and lock the energy
settings it seems to be OK and it usually is good for at least a day
but then it starts up again and no matter what I am doing the system
goes into power saver mode.
Something is changing my power savings settings, any idea on how to
figure out what it could be?

Ed

FWIW OS x 10.4.11
G5 dual 2.7