[X4U] Recovery or a dead external HD

Dave Bonhoff 69abel at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 10:55:16 PDT 2009

Just to clarify, is the problem with a hard drive in an enclosure or
with a bare hard drive?

If it is an enclosure, buy a new external enclosure and move the hard
drive into it? If it is a bare hard drive, you will either have to
find another drive that is exactly identical (including firmware!) to
the one you have, and you should be able to swap the circuit board to
yours and get the drive back in service.

Dave