[X4U] MAIL.app question

Mark Des Cotes lists at marksmandesign.ca
Thu Jul 9 11:59:16 PDT 2009

Ed,

I'm replying off list because for some reason my messages take a
couple of weeks before they show up.

A smart folder is not like any of the other folders. You cannot drag
messages into them, nor can you create Rules to manage them through
Preferences. What you can do is double click on the smart folder and
a list of it's own rules will appear. Whatever parameters you enter
there will determine what appears in the smart folder. Keep in mind
that the smart folder will display all messages that meat the
criteria but will NOT move the messages. The original messages are
still in their original folder.

Example, I use smart folders to display all messages from today, both
sent and received. Another to display all messages from yesterday
(the content of these two smart folders change each day) I also have
a smart folder that displays all messages received that are not from
one of the many e-mail lists I belong to. That one makes it easy for
me to keep track of incoming messages without having to weed through
hundreds of list messages.

Hope this helps. If you have any more questions just ask.

Mark Des Cotes
Owner-Graphic Designer
Marksman Design

Mailing address: