[X4U] Where is X4U on this site?

John Erdman jperdman at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 07:01:02 PDT 2009

I changed my Mail preferences to show to complete headers to see what
I could see in Linda's message from June 29. Lots of arcane stuff
there that I can't interpret... maybe someone else can. There are
multiple (6 in this case)  "Received:" lines showing dates. Anyway it
shows the message was put into the mail system shortly after it was
sent by Linda. Then after 2 "hops" the next entry shows it was rec'd
on July 10th. A similar pattern occurs with other messages from this
list, but the number of "received" lines vary slightly. They always
start off well then there's a long pause of about two weeks after the
first 2 or 3 "Receiveds"

By comparison a message from a friend in Canada took 9 "hops"  to get
here with a total elapsed time of 8 seconds.

Puzzled in Maine

John