[X4U] Re: X4U Digest, Vol 55, Issue 7

Ed Gould edgould1948 at comcast.net
Fri Mar 13 11:37:37 PDT 2009

On Mar 13, 2009, at 1:10 PM, Ralph wrote:

> You're not listening, and you don't understand phishing.
>
> The email addresses DON'T come from the bank that's being attacked.
> They come from lists that are circulated in the criminal community.
> The phisher doesn't know that you have a PayPal account; he's just
> betting that a certain percentage of the people on the list he's
> using do have accounts.
>
> Think about it for a minute before you go off half-cocked again: I
> told you that I got phishing emails purporting to be from Wells
> Fargo and Bank of America, YET I DON'T HAVE AN ACCOUNT AT EITHER OF
> THOSE BANKS. THEREFORE THEY WEREN'T HACKED TO GET MY EMAIL.
>
> You're needlessly spreading false information and FUD about PayPal.
>
> Ralph
>
> Full disclosure: I do not have any connection with PayPal or eBay.

I am sorry I *DO* understand *PHISHING*, it is you that does not
understand.
It is *FUNNY* that as soon as my account was deleted that the
PHISHING stopped, isn't it? Or are you going to now say the stars
have something to do with it?
I suspect you have some connection with PAYPAL and are trying to
minimize the issue.
However if *YOU* want to keep this up I will not respond in the future.
End of the so called conversation.
Ed