[X4U] Can you delete a file(move to the trash) in spotlight?

Norman Cohen nacohen at mac.com
Sun Mar 15 21:10:17 PDT 2009

Ed,

If you are speaking about the spotlight menu on the upper right of the
screen, then I think you are right that you cannot delete files from
there. However, if you open up a Spotlight window by choosing the
"Show all" option (or use the Finder search field at the top of each
Finder window, then you can delete any of the items listed in that
window by "File:Move to Trash" or the equivalent keyboard shortcut
Command-Delete. This works on Leopard 10.5.6. I won't comment on Tiger
or previous versions of Leopard.

Norm