[X4U] Can you delete a file(move to the trash) in spotlight?

Michael Winter winter at mac.com
Mon Mar 16 12:58:40 PDT 2009

On Mar 16, 2009, at 12:44 PM, Ralph wrote:

> Spotlight doesn't allow deleting a file; File>Find does:

Bingo! I just realized this may be where the confusion was and tested
it. All I did was replicate what Ralph found. I was using Find File in
the Finder, not Spotlight as accessed via its own menu. They both use
the same search engine in the background, but (obviously) the
interface is different and that's what limits what can be done.

Ed, sorry for the confusion. As if the Spotlight/Notlight stuff wasn't
enough, you've got the Spotlight menu vs. Finder's Find File to make
things even messier.

-Mike