[X4U] Monitor problem or Video card problem?

Doug LaBore dlabore1 at comcast.net
Sun May 10 07:20:29 PDT 2009

Not sure this is the same issue I had but I also had a ATI Radeon video card
in my intel Mac Pro and it was locking up (freezing my screen) all the time.
It started out happening maybe once a month but over time it got so bad I
couldn't operate for more than 30 minutes.

Turns out this is a well known problem for the ATI cards.

I replaced that card with a Nvidia 8800GTX video card from Apple and all my
problems went away. My machine is now back to it's never crash or lockup old
self.

Doug LaBore