[X4U] Database options for Mac

Conlon Brett brettnlis at bigpond.com
Tue Sep 15 04:02:59 PDT 2009

Hi all,

I'm looking for a potential database proggy for keeping quotes/jokes/
speeches/stories etc.

When I worked for Sony Music they had Lotus Notes as their Mail client
and corporate database server. I taught myself how to do basic Lotus
Programming and built some databases for tracking the design studio's
software & hardware details and some basic studio job trafficking. I
had lotsa fun with it.

I also built myself a quotes/jokes/speeches/stories database for my
own home/church use. It contains the following fields:

Type (eg. Quote/story/Poems etc...)
Category (eg. "Service")
Title (mostly for stories eg. "The mad dog")
Summary (for speeches/stories - for quick reminder of content)
Content (eg. "The fragrant of the rose lingers on the hand that cast
it")
Author (eg. "unknown")
Source (eg. "Internet")
Date of entry
etc...

I have many years of slowly accumulated gems of inspiration in there.
However, my Lotus Notes ID is about to run out and I no longer work
with Sony.

So I can either somehow renew the ID (I have no idea where to even
look) and hopefully it isn't too expensive or I can find an
alternative Mac based database proggy. Perhaps there is already a
solution out there that'll suit me nicely.

Does anyone have ANY suggestions? Anyone have a similar thing going
for themselves?

Ta muchly!

Cojcolds

ps. great to have the list back in real-time again!!!!!